March Banner

March Banner

Monday, December 19, 2011

'Tis the Season when Mistletoe isn't always needed

Just wanted to spread a little holiday cheer.  Tonight we saw Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" performed at the Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, and it has put me into a holiday sharing mood.  I intend to post these and even more pictures on my web site, but I'm sharing them here first.  One of our family projects during the holiday season is to set up and display our Lemax village collection.

We have approximately 30 Victorian businesses that we put into a rather daunting display downstairs, and seven more that belong to a modern day Alpine Village that we put upstairs.  This year we have people kissing in both displays, and since I'm a romantic at heart, I thought I'd share with you what those two couples look like positioned in their respective displays.

Victorian Couple



Alpine Couple


My husband's name is Rich, so we thought it was especially appropriate that the couple in the Alpine village can be found kissing in front of "Rich's Retreat."

Currently on my web site are pictures of the villages we created in 2006.  I will be replacing both the village and tree pictures with photos we're taking this year, but probably not until after Christmas.  In the meantime, if you want to get a better idea of what these villages look like, please visit:


Scroll down until you see the Christmas photos section and take a gander.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.